Your privacy is important to us
The Association is bound by the National Privacy Principles.
If at any time the Association is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, AILA must cooperate fully.
What sort of information does AILA collect?
AILA collects personal information about you when:
- you become a member of the Association
- you register to attend an event
- you otherwise contact to do business with the Association
What happens if you do not provide the information?
If you do not provide the information required, you may not be able to become a member or you may not be able to receive the information or service you requested by the method you have request.
This includes changing your contact details for new employment.
How is your information used by AILA?
AILA collects the information (“the information” refers to your personal information) to provide you with a specific service.
For example, we may use the information you have provided us with to:
- activate and process your membership, update your details and profile information or fulfil a request for information
- send you membership renewal notices, voting papers, seminar notices, AILA e-zines, conference information, and any other information associated with the Association
- communicate with you on any issues relevant to your membership or transactions with the Association
- communicate seminar notices with Friends of AILA of the Association
Does AILA disclose personal information to third parties?
AILA will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your consent.
The Association develops aggregate (i.e. non individual) reports, which incorporate some of the information. The reports are for use by AILA to review statistics or analyse trends. These reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
How will AILA keep your personal information secure?
AILA has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control. These security measures include:
- firewalls to prevent hacking of our computer systems
- appropriate security access to AILA premises
- the use of passwords for access to database information
- security bins for the disposal of written information
- a Credit Card Security Policy incorporating the use, storage and destruction of credit card information.
How do I update my information with AILA?
AILA offers the following options for updating your personal information:
- visiting the AILA website and selecting ‘Change your details’ within your personal profile login.
- advising the Association Secretariat via telephone, email or letter.